What is the PE and Sport Premium and why has it been introduced?
Sport Premium is the funding provided by the Government Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport in order to improve the quality of Sport and Physical Education in Primary Schools. Each school receives £16,000 plus an extra £5 per pupil from Years 1 to 6. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. The money will be used so that all children benefit regardless of their sporting ability.
Cavendish Primary School uses the Sport Premium funding according to the following principles:
- Ensuring a focus on the delivery of high quality PE teaching which raises achievement and increases rates of participation and meets the needs of all our learners.
- Providing unique opportunities through PE and Sport for children to learn about healthy lifestyles and develop personal qualities such as self-confidence, resilience, leadership, initiative and self-control.
- Extending our offer and pupil participation in extra and additional curricular PE and Sports activities.
- Enhancing links with other schools and organisation in the wider community through engagement in competitive sports events.
- Enhancing our lunchtime sports provision.
Please click here to access information about PE Sport Premium for 2021-22 and outcomes for 2020-21.